With our 30 years of commercial and industrial property experience in Cape Town, we can offer a Property Asset Management and Property Maximisation Management service like no other. After all, don’t you want to maximise your property value over time? And don’t you want to utilise the property and buildings as best as possible?
What is Property Asset Management?
Property asset management is the process of maximising the value and performance of property by managing its physical, financial and operational aspects. In other words, it involves planning, budgeting, leasing, maintaining, renovating and disposing of properties in a way that aligns with the owner’s or manager’s goals and objectives.
Essentially, it’s all about three things: maximising value, reducing costs and increasing returns from property. This philosophy is at the heart of our approach to every asset we add value to, be it a single investment or a broad and diverse portfolio across a range of sectors.
It’s important to note that property asset management differs from property management, which focuses on the day-to-day operations of a property, such as collecting rent, handling maintenance requests and dealing with tenants. The process takes a broader and longer-term perspective, optimising the property’s potential and profitability over its entire life cycle.
Property Asset Management is Essential for several reasons:
- Increase the income and value of your property by finding ways to reduce costs, improve occupancy rates, enhance tenant satisfaction and retention, and identify new revenue opportunities.
- It can help you make informed decisions about your property by providing accurate and timely data and analysing its performance, market trends, risks and opportunities.
- Help you comply with legal and regulatory requirements by ensuring your property meets health, safety, environmental and social responsibility standards.
- It can help you achieve your personal or professional goals by aligning your property strategy with your vision, mission and values.
Some of the steps in our Property Asset Management process:
- Define your goals and objectives for your property. What do you want to achieve with your property? What are your short-term and long-term plans? How do you measure success?
- Assess your current situation. How is your property performing? What are its strengths and weaknesses? What are the opportunities and threats in the market? How does it compare to similar properties in the area?
- Develop a property asset management plan. Based on your goals and assessment, create a plan outlining Epping Property’s actions to improve your property’s performance and value. Include a budget, timeline and key performance indicators (KPIs) to track progress.
- Implement the plan. Execute the plan according to your schedule and budget. Monitor the results and adjust your plan as needed. Communicate with your stakeholders regularly and report on your achievements.
- Review and evaluate your plan. At regular intervals, review your plan and assess its effectiveness. Did you meet the agreed goals and objectives? What worked well and what didn’t? What can you learn from your experience? How can we improve your plan for the future?
Through our flexible approach and understanding of what you want to achieve from your investment, we can develop and implement a customised strategy to suit your needs. Our experienced team will identify innovative solutions to realise the full potential of investments in our care. Additionally, we will demonstrate that more opportunities to maximise rental income and value will arise by improving fiscal controls and enhancing letting profiles.
We get involved every step of the way, from start to finish. We have done it for many others and have built our reputation on our ability to add value to our client’s portfolios.
BPI House in Windhoek Asset Managed and Sold for a record price
A private investor bought BPI House in Windhoek through Epping Property. With the assistance of Tony Bales’ Asset Management experience and capabilities, the building was sold to a listed property company for a record price just 24 months later.
The investor stated, “I am grateful for Tony Bales’ Asset Management service. He oversaw important decisions during an extensive upgrading and re-tenanting process. His most important decisions were make-or-break in us achieving a great selling price at the peak of the property market. Consequently, Tony continues to assist us with our high-level Property Asset Management of our portfolio around Southern Africa.”