Land for Sale in Epping Cape Town. 49,519m² total site size. This site forms part of the old DairyBelle operation, now in liquidation. This property will be sold by means of Auction on the 20th June 2017. Epping Property is able to guide you through this process as there are many site specifics that Epping Property has good knowledge of. There are currently buildings on the site, but these are old and likely to be functionally obsolete. (There may be additional value in the structures on the location that a purchaser can make use of. The value of the structures has not been taken into account as it would depend on the Purchaser). Epping Property has received quotes for the cost of demolition of all the structures on the property.
Site diagram of the Land for Sale in Epping Cape Town
The property(ies) are very well located in Epping 1 – part of the main industrial node of the greater Cape Town area. It is also very close to Cape Town Market and various other companies involved in the fresh food industry. Central to all parts of Cape Town and is favoured by many businesses – large and small. Strategically placed between the N1 and N2, the two most important arterial roads through greater Cape Town. Epping is further located on the N7 (Jakes Gerwel Drive) which links the N1 and N2 in a north-south direction.
Why businesses like new industrial buildings built to their specifications
- In recent years around South Africa a large number of new industrial warehouses and factories have been constructed by companies, and by landlords for tenants.
- New industrial buildings typically are much higher/taller than older buildings and hence the use of the full vertical area of the building. Due to the height, the greater R/m² (square metre) rental of the new building in many cases translates to a lower R/m³ (cubic metre).
- A business can specify up-front what configuration they would like the building to be, thus allowing for more efficient usage of floor space. Businesses can also plan ahead as most buildings take about eight months to complete.
- Most modern buildings have structural benefits such as fewer columns, allowing for greater flexibility and higher productivity of their space over time.
- New, high specification, super flat floors offer better safety standards and less wear and tear on forklifts.
- In addition, they adhere to latest fire regulations.
- Modern security systems.
- Yard areas and loading bays designed with large modern trucks in mind.
Modern buildings provide for reduced energy costs of various utilities.
- Significant amounts of natural lighting. Lower lighting costs.
- Energy efficient lighting. Lower lighting costs.
- Reduced water wastage and hence less water usage.
- Reduced temperature control costs.
- Provision for solar energy installations.
Use of modern, environmentally sensitive materials. In many cases, these materials also last longer than their older, outdated predecessors.
Appealing, healthy environment for staff. Hence better productivity, lower staff turnover and improved quality of life.
Contact Epping Property for a discussion on options and locations for a new development in the central industrial areas of Cape Town.
(Select Location and Property Type and use the slider to determine applicable Size and Price)
Land for Sale in Epping Cape Town
Occupation Date: August, 2017
Property ID: 227
Erf Size: 49,519.00 m²