Cape Town Warehouse. Brand new in Epping Industria. Construction will start shortly. Completion by early 2019.
13,584 m of new warehouse space in total. The design includes a covered loading zone, between 2 large warehouses. The property is zoned General Industrial 2.
Modern global warehouse trends – many of which will be included in this development:
- More efficient warehouses. Consolidation of warehouses into those that can serve markets in under one day with a more extensive variety of finished goods stock.
- High ceilings – 12 m+ to the eaves. Also, this facilitates better cubic metre usage of the warehouse.
- Fewer columns. As a result, this gives the user more warehouse flexibility over time.
- Also, solar, or energy efficient LED’s. Preferably, movement activated.
- Sprinklered. This would probably include storage tanks as this is now part of the new fire regulations for the more substantial warehouse buildings in many areas.
- Hyperflat, hyper hard floors.
- Lots of docking doors. Either raised or on-grade.
- Circulation areas for interlink trucks.
- Fibre optic availability. All sizeable modern warehousing is operated through intricate software systems connected to other branches or customers.
- “Green” building materials.
- Better use of sustainability. Including, lower electricity usage. Also, lower water usage and re-use of on-site water.
In conclusion, logistics is changing the face of industrial warehousing. So, this new development will include many of the above attributes of modern warehouses. Especially relevant, it’ll be high, and the cubic metre efficiencies the occupier will enjoy are significant and more cost-effective.
Click here for another logistics warehouse in the process of being built.
Contact Epping Property for further details.
Cape Town Warehouse
Type: For Rent
Occupation Date: November, 2020
Property ID: 150
Rentable Area: 13,584.00 m²